Recorder Scavenger Hunt With Sueta Method
Submitted by Gretchen Taylor, Illinois
Idea posted 2004-08-18
I just finished a Recorder Scavenger Hunt activity I'm going to use to reacquaint my returning recorder classes with their method book. I have geared all the questions to the Ed Sueta method, but you could easily adapt the activity to suit whatever method book you are using. The directions note that page numbers must be included to verify each answer. Here are some of the questions:
- Who is the publisher of this recorder method (title page)?
- On which pages are the Ds introduced?
- How many duets can you find?
- Find a diagram of a recorder labeling all of the parts.
- After BAG, what is the next single note introduced?
- How many Christmas selections can you find?
- How many pieces are taken from classical symphonic melodies?
- Find a fingering chart.
I ended up with 16 questions in total. I plan to have the students work together in pairs, and we'll check the answers as a class.