Eight Belts For Soprano Recorder
Submitted by Linda Barnhart, Maryland
Idea posted 2005-03-07
My eight belts for soprano are all Music K-8 songs except "Irish Washerwoman."
- White - "Bag-O-Saurus" from Music K-8, Vol. 6, No. 1
- Yellow - "Rockin' Around The Hound Dog's Blue Suede Shoe Bag" from Music K-8, Vol. 7, No. 1
- Orange - "Sandpiper" Music K-8, Vol. 5, No. 5
- Green - "E's E Jammin'" from Recorder Jam
- Blue - "Ode To Joy" from Music K-8, Vol. 6, No. 2
- Purple - "Da Da Da Da Da Bomp!" from Music K-8, Vol. 8, No. 5
- Red - "Amazing Grace" from Music K-8, Vol. 11, No. 2
- Black - "Irish Washerwoman"
My black belt degrees are mostly copies of old songs:
- 1st degree - "Saturday Night Star" from Music K-8, Vol. 10, No. 4
- 2nd degree - "New Morning" from Easy 8
- 3rd degree - Brahms Lullaby
- 4th degree - "We're Off To See The Wizard"
- 5th degree - Mozart's Aria In Two Parts - they have to play both parts
- 6th degree - "Für Elise"
- 7th degree - "Star-Spangled Banner"
- 8th degree - "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik"
I don't work on any of the black belt degree songs in class. The kids learn them on their own, but I do help them with questions and such before school. I have a handful of students who have finished all their degrees, and several more are still in the process. After they get black belts on soprano, they have the option of buying an alto recorder.